Sunday 31 October 2010

Audience Research

There were two different videos of our song on youtube, one is an accoustic version and the other a music video that one of Jose Vanders friends has made. I looked at the accoustic version for my audience research as it has been on youtube longer and therefore will be more reliable.



The video has had 250, 949 views so far on youtube.

The video seemed to be most popular with females and the average age was 20 years old . This was very helpful to see as it gave me a more specific insight into the type of audiences who would be listening to our song and that particular style of music. Although the average age is 20 I found some of her audiences were as young as 14 and then others as old as 42. I found this interesting that our artist had such a wide range of audience and I felt our video took this into consideration. The fact that we illustrated the lyrics appealed to the younger audience as it was more fun to watch, but we still kept Jose simply playing the piano and singing her song which appealed to the older audiences. I picked five people from the many who had commented on the video at random, and most of the five people had links to videos of female artists similar to Jose Vanders, such as Natasha Bedingfield, Kate Nash and Ellie Goulding. Most of them also had links to accoustic artists which again was similar to Jose as she too is more of an accoustic artist. This made me confident that we were appealing the the right audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment